Thursday, September 5, 2013

in the plane of the desert - a poem

In the plane of the desert,

Arid airs burning my lungs,

I cry for her beneath the rage

The sky has turned malevolent,

The deep azures

Swallow the horizon,

The line blurred,

Mountains forming

Where plains lie in repose…

Deep waters wing

From beneath

To the cirrus floating,

The pressure

Is that of beneath the seas,

Compressing, no quarter,

Like nitrogen,

The available airs

Suck the life

From my bony cells….

Cacti bend in perspective,

The iron oxide, martian,

Rusts everything it touches,

The green melts verdigris,

Everything accelerating in age,

Motionless, beautiful,

I too bend with the light…

A small visitor

Landing on an alien plain,

The moment caught

In the aperture, my mind’s eye,

Burnt permanent

In shifting synapses,

A forlorn image rising

The wave, not the water,

That yet perturbs

My sweetest dreams….

No comments: