Monday, June 21, 2010

Poetry Break - the star

I look to the churning sea
And I see a star in it
Bursting through the wave
Burning in newborn splendor
Rising above the chaos below
The star burns white like linen
Pure as a newborn soul
And I am not amazed
As it rises to it's heavenly estate
And sets the limits of my course
Announcing my name, my hair color,
The tone of my skiin
The craftsman arm that encompasses my days
The chimera ghost that determines my dreams
And my heavenly mate does sing
In Harmony with other friend-stars
Each orb humming like a finger on a wineglass
The music of Fate rising to the empyrean
Of the Absolute....
And my star sets the wave in it's course
And my blood in motion
And ignites my nerve...
I blaze in unison with my star
I rise and fall with it, yet it beckons to my call
My friend-star and me
Parting the waves of mortality and infinity...

No comments: