Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Poetry Break - 'I Grasped a Stone' - an original poem

I grasped a stone

And felt it to be Real

Then I realized

I was chasing the Wind



I observed a Tree

It's branches outstretched

When I discovered

It was observing me



I looked to the Star

and immensity of Space

And I found

I was as vast Inside



I looked to the Globe

And it's vast curved Round

And found my eye

Itself was that World



Something Solid, something hollow

Became One in an instant

Just for a moment

I grasped the Whole



The running brook

Was the leaping doe

The cloud filled sky

The plain dotted by towns



Illusion, I found, was difference

Nature's accidents encoded in Man

Made me seem other

Than you or the sky



But Discovery wrought some miracle

Awakened me to another Dream

Asleep, yet aware of sleeping

I broke through to the Day



And rested on that lonely shore

Where only the bravest souls meet

And found Solace in Knowing

Is it's own Reward

No comments: